~Schedule your appointment for a time that is convenient for you, when you can relax a bit before and after.
~One to two days prior to your appointment, gently exfoliate the region to be stripped of hair. Try using an exfoliating mit or gloves. You can also use a 2% salicylic wash or a sugar/salt scrub of your choice. This process helps to release dead skin buildup and will assist in an easier hair removal process.
~If you’ve been shaving, you will need at least two weeks growth. And, unfortunately, the first time after shaving is the least fun. You’ll most likely be a bit stubbly following the hair removal and the hair will seem to return more quickly. It takes just three consistent wax/sugar experiences to overcome the coarse hair and follicle damage of shaving.
~On the day of your professional defuzzing, get excited; you’re about to start a very hair-free part of your life! Either wear or throw into your bag some loose, comfy pants or a skirt. Make sure your skivvies aren’t too tight or made of scratchy fabric. You might consider taking an anti-histamine (similar to Benadryl) or a pain reliever (such as Tylenol) that works for you. Chamomile Tea, CBD, Herbal relaxants, a warm relaxing bath prior to your appointment will also set the tone to calm your nervous system before an appointment. Also, limit caffeine and alcohol consumption; you don’t need the additional stimulation for this event!
~Mindful Magic: before you walk into Sassy Miss Waxy, remind yourself that this is going to be quick, you’re going to love the results. Take a deep breath and set your sights on an easy, breezy event (it will be so!).
COVID PRECAUTIONS ~
If you answer YES to any of theses questions it will be best to schedule for a better time:
1) Have you traveled out of the states in the last three weeks?
2) Do you have a fever, cough or any other COVID-19 symptoms?
3) Have you had any contact with anyone with symptoms or who has COVID-19?
- Please wear a mask.
- Utilize our Covid clean check-in through the Vagaro app or Vagaro website when you arrive. (go to your appointments, click your appointment, click the blue check-in button)
- Wait in your vehicle, the garden, or driveway until your appointment time.
- When your Sassy Smooth Specialist is ready for you, you will receive a check-in message from the app to meet at the front door.
- We will do a temperature check with our handy no touch thermometer.
- We are a shoes-off home spa, there will be a place for shoes upon arrival outside the front door on the purple mat.
- A gentle reminder, if you are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19, please do not hesitate to rebook your appointment. We will be here waiting for you when you are well!